Antipodes CX+EX Solution
For the ultimate sound quality. The CX+EX solution enables the Server and Renderer apps to run without any interference from each other, and be both run on the ultimate hardware for each task.
In this solution, the CX is used just to run the Server function that it was optimised for, and this is achieved by simply turning off the Renderer apps, giving complete priority to the Server function. And the EX is used just to run the Renderer function that it was optimised for, and this is achieved by simply turning off the Server apps, giving complete priority to the Renderer function. The CX and EX include Direct Ethernet capability, enabling the CX to be connected to the EX with a dedicated, very low noise signal, insulated from extraneous network noise.
With both units running in their optimal mode, and linked by Direct Ethernet, the CX+EX solution provides the absolute state-of-the-art in both sound quality and usability.
The CX is designed so that you can add your own storage disks, enabling you to self-install up to 4TB of HDD or up to 8TB of SSD storage. Use of SSDs improves dynamics, high frequency sweetness and speed, and is significantly more musically engaging. If you prefer to have your storage disks pre-installed then your dealer can assist you. You can also run the CX from external storage on a NAS or a USB drive. Of these alternatives, the NAS sounds much better than a USB drive. Compared to internal SSDs, playing from a NAS will lose a little impact and precision, and navigating a large library will be less ‘snappy’.
- The CX is dedicated to run just the Server app (eg. Roon Server)
- The EX is dedicated to run just the Renderer app (eg. Roon Ready)
- The CX is linked direct to the EX with a short high quality Ethernet cable
- Both are managed over your network by connecting just the CX to your network
- Internal Storage is connected to the CX
- Any ripper used (such as the Antipodes P1) is connected to the CX
- The EX plays out to a DAC via USB
- Or the EX plays out to a P2 and then from the P2 to the DAC
The results are stunning – not just combining the exceptional transparency of the CX with the exceptional musicality of the EX, but lifting both aspects to a completely new level of naturalness and separation.